Monday, July 29, 2013

New England Adventure Part 2: Portland, ME

On Wednesday, we awoke to another cool, misty day and ventured to Monument Square to check out the Portland Farmers' Market local food scene...



I'm completely smitten with Portland with its mom and pop feel, working port, foodie-ness, and not to mention fiber stores galore to feed my felting addiction hobby...




  
 After some taste testing (yum, kohlrabi) and purchasing produce to pack for our day trips, we walked to the Public Market House...

Upstairs, the girls sipped on smoothies while Lane and I enjoyed burritos for lunch. At that point, the girls expressed their exhaustion and longing for a nap, so we decided to nix the rest of the day's plans and headed back to the Bradstreets' for a mellow afternoon.

The evening brought the smell of freshly baked bread wafting from Amy's kitchen, a table full of fresh foods and lovely conversation for dinner.
New England Adventure Part 1: Arriving in Maine
New England Adventure Part 3

2 comments:

Scrumpy Daddy said...

It sounds like it was an awesome trip so far! I'm loving the pictures (of everything!) The Bradstreets look like lovely people, and I'm so glad you could make this trip. I clicked over to their blog, and I found it wonderful to see some pictures of you with the family, Melissa! I often fail at this, too, as the family photographer, but I think you should press the camera into Lane's hands, or even better, a third party's, more often, so that we can see your shining face beside the faces of your wonderful family!

I'm looking forward to seeing more of your trip, and hope all is going well with you.

Anonymous said...

Watch this video, share it with as many people as you can. it will change how you perceive gender.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vp8tToFv-bA

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...